Moments to memories. Clueless to confident.
Get lost in the memory of the moment, not in your camera settings.
Does this sound familiar?
Me: Ohhhh, that's cute! Where's my camera?!
Then: Okay, my aperture is… my shutter speed should be… higher? Lower? Where’s the light?
*switches to auto*
Me: Hey, honey, can you do that again?
TRUST ME, FRIEND. I’ve been there.
My photography journey began as being “that girl with the camera.” I started out taking pictures of farm sunsets and wedding showers, and eventually turned that passion into a wedding photography business.
From side-hustling during grad school and my first speech-language pathology job to going full-time with my business in 2016, I’ve tried EVERY kind of photography education and research. It always left me feeling frustrated and wishing there was an all-inclusive tutorial that ACTUALLY helped me TAKE BETTER PICTURES already.
Really, all I wanted was for my images to match my memories of them. Is that too much to ask?!
This is the course I wish I had, for all of you who are so tired of being frustrated and setting your camera on the shelf till it collects an EMBARRASSING amount of dust.
TAKE IT FROM THE CAPTURE COURSE ALUMS:
“The Capture Course literally gave me the necessary confidence to be behind the camera, relieved any stress I had while shooting, and has given me what I need to have fun while documenting!”
“The Capture Course was the perfect jumpstart for someone that’s never used a camera in manual before (that was me!). It was straightforward and simple so it was easy to follow along!”
-Sarah Gobble, Sarah Lotus Photos
"My husband and I absolutely loved The Capture Course! We found Lindsay's teaching style to be super accessible. We loved that we were able to take the tips, put them to use, and see results right away!"
The Capture Course is perfect for you if…
- Manual shooting is a MYSTERY to you
- You’re afraid to shoot with a real camera, or feel like its a HASSLE!
- You’re ready to freeze moments in time that will do the memory justice
- You want to stop TRYING SO HARD to take photos
- You want to fill the walls in your home with sweet memories
- You want to develop a skill that could make you some extra cash on the side! (more tips on this in the BONUS!)
Your camera is a TOOL, not a decoration.
It's for those moments like, Um woah, I can't even, is this MY real life?
I don't want you to miss out on getting the most of this crazy life we get to call OURS.
What can you expect from The Capture Course 2.0?
- to learn how to use your camera in manual mode and use natural light
- to watch and re-watch the videos at your own speed and in the comfort of your own living room or your favorite coffee shop (even squeeze it in during nap time!)
- over an hour & a half of targeted instruction
- BONUS: 4 week bootcamp!: you'll be added to a Capture Course 2.0 members only Facebook group. This group is for you to ask questions, because that's how you'll feel confident without having me there with you!
- BONUS: Submit pictures for feedback and areas of improvement in 1) focus 2) camera settings 3) composition once you've completed the class to continue refining your photographic eye. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BONUS: 15 “Look-Fors” to take you from total rookie to effortless pro!
- BONUS (video): Understand + Nail Backlighting
- BONUS (video): How to find + use natural reflectors for better light
- BONUS: SHOOTING IN MANUAL Cheat Sheet
- BONUS: How to make cash using your camera!
I want you to go from:
*heavy sigh* AND wait, can you do that again?
Click, click, BOOM. Memories captured for life.
Your family, your business, your dreams, your vacations--they're all worth it!
Can't wait to "see" you inside the course!
StartBecoming familiar with your camera (29:58)
StartShutter Speed (5:34)
StartPutting it all together: practice (18:56)
StartShooting Indoors (2:36)
StartNailing tack-sharp images (8:56)
StartAll about lenses (7:53)
StartTech, Tech, Tech (8:37)
StartFinding the light (7:14)
Start15 things you should look for (20:59)
StartThe "Mom Rule" (3:57)
StartBONUS: Understand + Nail Backlighting (10:19)
StartBONUS: How to find + use natural reflectors for better light (9:53)